I’m famous y’all! Well, as famous as I’ve ever been (but not quite as famous as my husband, the Taco Bell TV commercial star).
You can catch me and this little blog o’ mine in the May issue of Women’s Health magazine. The article is “50 cooking tips that will change your life,” and I’m in some pretty great company. I may be a little biased, but it’s a fantastic read, and I learned some great new tricks. Some of my favorite below:
- “Don’t throw out those last drops of jam in the jar; shake up a fruity vinaigrette instead. Add equal parts oil and vinegar to the jar, give it a good shake, and season with salt and pepper to taste” – Marisa McClellan from FoodinJars.com
- “Soak bitter greens, like arugula and kale, in a bowl of ice water in the fridge for about an hour to cut their bitterness. Run the leaves through your salad spinner several times with a paper towel to get them nice and dry and crisp.” – Dina Avila from LeekSoupBlog.com
- “Never throw away a rind of a piece of cheese. Drop it into a pot of soup—any kind!—for added flavor. Remove it with a spoon and discard before serving.” – Jenny McGruther from NourishedKitchen.com
- “Light Italian salad dressing is a marvelous shortcut for adding flavor to homemade salsa. Add 1/4 cup to three cups of salsa.” – Clay Dunn of TheBittenWord.com
- “Spritz your cheese grater with nonstick spray before using it to make shredding—and cleaning—easier.” – Aida Mollenkamp
Pure genius, right?!
Merle wasn’t nearly as impressed …